The National Football League (NFL) is the best football league in the world and really the only professional football league of note. Every Sunday football fans across the continent relax and tune in all day long to watch whether their NFL bets payout and hope that their NFL fantasy football team pulls out a victory. Online sportsbooks, in particular the ones listed below, are the best place to bet on NFL football because they are convenient, offer the best lines and are trusted, safe and secure.
Best Sportsbooks for Betting on NFL
|1||100% up to $250||Review||Visit|
|2||25% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
|3||50% up to $520||Review||Visit|
How To Bet On NFL Football
Betting on NFL football online is extremely easy and if you don’t have an account it should only take you a few minutes to set up an account and place your first NFL bet. Check out the step-by-step guide to betting on NFL football below.
Bet On NFL – Step By Step Guide
- Sign Up an Online Sportsbook Account – Visit any of the three NFL sportsbooks listed above and sign up a new account. Every sportsbook you see listed on BetOnIt.org is trustworthy, safe and secure. Open an account should only take a few minutes and you will only have to provide basic information such as your name and email.
- Deposit – In order to bet on the NFL for real money you will have to get some online. Depositing via credit card is generally the easiest and most popular method of funding your account, but you can also use a variety of e-wallets or other means to deposit. If you are having difficulties contact the sportsbooks customer service department and they will help you out.
- Place Your Bets – Find the ‘NFL betting’ section and start placing your NFL bets.
NFL Betting Options
The most popular NFL betting option is betting the spread. The sportsbook determines the spread, which is the number of points that the favourite must win by in order for a spread bet on the favourite to payout. An NFL spread bet on the underdog pays out if the underdog either wins or beats the spread by losing by fewer points than the spread.
Moneyline betting is also popular in the NFL and it simply involves wagering on which team will win the game flat out. The moneyline odds indicate the payouts associated with either outcome, with the favourites obviously paying out less on the same bet than the underdogs.
Over/under, also known as totals, betting is another common bet on NFL games. The sportsbook indicates a total number of points and you can bet on whether you think there will be more or fewer than that many points scored in the game.
There are of course a wide variety of prop bets you can make on NFL games, especially in the Super Bowl. Speaking of the Super Bowl you can place NFL futures wagers on which team will win the Super Bowl. You can bet on the Super Bowl any time during the season.
NFL Betting Tips
- Bet Underdogs – This is especially true for spread betting in the NFL. The general public usually likes a favorite and the casual bettor is more likely to bet on the favorite covering a spread than the underdog team keeping the game close.
- Find the Best Lines – It is important to find the best lines when betting on NFL games. If you can get an extra point in spread betting that can be the difference between winning or losing your bet. Finding the best lines should be a regular part of your NFL betting research.
- Check Injury Reports – If an important player is injured on either the offense or defense it can spell disaster for a football team. The quarterback is a prime example of this, with teams who have elite quarterbacks become subpar teams if that QB goes down with injury. I suggest checking the ESPN injury report before placing any NFL bets.
There are plenty of general betting tips that should also be applied when wagering on the NFL.
To find live NFL scores and news check out the official NFL website. It is the most complete NFL resource available online.
Specific Team Pages