The National Hockey League (NHL) is the best hockey league in the world and by far the most wagered on. Fans from around the globe follow their favourite teams and bet on NHL games every night. Trusted online sportsbooks, such as the ones listed below, are the best place to bet on the NHL because they offer the most bettor friendly odds and are safe, secure and easy to use.
Best Sportsbooks for Betting On NHL
How To Bet On NHL Hockey
It’s very easy to get started betting on NHL hockey. Check out our step-by-step guide to see just how fast and easy it is to start placing NHL bets online today.
Bet On NHL – Step By Step Guide
- Sign Up at an Online Sportsbook – Visit any of the three NHL betting sportsbooks listed above and register an account. All of the sportsbooks listed on BetOnIt.org are well respected, trustworthy and secure. Registering an account will only take a few minutes and you will just be asked for basic information such as your name, email and preferred username.
- Fund Your Online Sportsbook Cashier – Now that you have an online sportsbook account you will need to get money online in order to bet on NHL hockey. Credit card deposits are the most common way to fund your account, but the online sportsbooks also accept many e-wallets or even wire transfers. If you have trouble contact the customer service department of the online sportsbook and they will help you through the process.
- Head over to the ‘NHL’ section of the sportsbook, find the game you want to bet on and place your first NHL wager online. It’s that easy.
NHL Betting Options
The most common form of NHL bet is a moneyline bet, which is simply wagering on which team you think will win the game. Over/under, also known as totals betting, is another common NHL bet type. With totals betting you wager on whether you think there will be more or fewer goals scored in the game than the ‘total’ that the oddsmaker provides. Puckline bets are another popular type of bet that allows you to basically buy or sell goals for either team to change the odds. For example, if you bet on the Toronto Maple Leafs -1.5 that means you are selling 1.5 goals to the sportsbook for a higher potential payout. The Leafs would have to win by 2 or more goals for your puckline bet to pay out. Prop bets are also available at certain sportsbooks and on higher profile games. Finally, if you want to bet on the Stanley Cup Champion then you should check out the ‘NHL futures’ odds.
NHL Betting Tips
These basic tips are geared towards NHL betting. For general hockey betting tips check out the page dedicated to betting on hockey.
- Compare Odds – If you want to be a winning NHL bettor then it is crucial that you have accounts at multiple sportsbooks and bet on the best NHL line available. A small difference may not seem like a lot, but $10 here and there adds up over the course of an NHL season.
- Generally Bet On The Underdogs – The North American public backs the favourite more often than not. The difference between teams in the NHL is so small that any team can win on any given night. For these two reasons it is more likely to find a sharp NHL bet on an underdog, rather than a favourite.
To check live NHL scores and updates check out the official NHL website. It is the most complete NHL resource available online.