Cycling is a sport that really only takes center state in the media every year during the Tour de France. That being said there are many other cycling tours that can be bet on throughout the year. The amount of sports betting markets available will vary between sportsbooks.
Best Sportsbook for Betting on Cycling
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On Cycling Online
Betting on cycling online is very straight forward, but to make getting started even easier I have set up a quick three step plan to help you start placing cycling bets in no time.
Bet On Cycling – Step By Step Guide
1. Open an Online Sports Betting Account – The first step is to open an account with an online sportsbook that accepts players from your location and takes bets on cycling. Click any of the links above to navigate to a sportsbook recommended for your location.
2. Fund Your Account – Next you will have to make a deposit in order to have money with which to wager on cycling. Credit card deposits are generally the easiest, but all of our recommended online sportsbooks have a wide variety of e-wallet and cryptocurrency deposit options as well. If you have any trouble making your deposit you should contact the sportsbooks customer support and they will help you out.
3. Place Your Cycling Bets – Now that you have money online it’s time to bet on cycling! Head over to the cycling betting section of the sportsbook and place some winning bets, then sit back and watch your cyclists give it everything they have.
Types of Cycling Bets
There are several types of bets you can make on the entire tour or sections of it, and you can also place bets on individual stages.
A popular bet on the entire Tour is choosing which cyclist will win the Tour outright. You can generally get a solid return if your cyclist has the most consistent Tour and finishes ahead of the competition. You can also wager on top 10 finishes, King of the Mountains, Points Classification, Team Classification or Young Rider Classification for the entire Tour.
Then you can also wager on every Stage of the Tour. For Stages the sportsbooks will generally offer odds for which cyclist will will win the Stage, as well as some head-to-head match-ups similar to how golf betting is done. Here is an example of a head-to-head match-up for a single stage:
Matthew Goss -167
Tyler Farrar +130
In this example a wager on Goss would payout if he beats Farrar in this stage and vice versa.
Cycling Betting Tips
Here is one main tip that should help you make money betting on cycling this year.
- Do Research – Oddsmakers don’t use up as much of their time researching sports that won’t be extensively wagered on. If you do more research than the oddsmakers then you can put yourself in a good position to notice sharp lines and take advantage. Cycling is a very grueling sport and tips on cyclists fatigue and overall health can go a long way in turning a profit betting on cycling online.
Specific Cycling Betting