Online sportsbooks are the best place to bet on basketball. They are convenient, trusted and offer a wide variety of fair odds for betting on basketball. Having some money riding on a basketball game enhances the games excitement and even a game that is ten points apart with two minutes left could be very exciting to someone who bet the spread. An online betting account allows you to place basketball bets easily and securely from your computer or even your mobile phone. Simply put, online sportsbooks are the most popular way to bet on basketball games for a reason.
Best Sportsbooks for Betting On Basketball
|1||50% up to $250T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
|2||50% up to $1000T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
|3||50% up to $1000T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
How To Bet On Basketball Online
Betting on basketball is extremely easy and if you follow the three steps listed below you will be placing NBA wagers in no time.
Bet On Basketball – Step By Step Guide
1. Open an Online Sportsbook Account – The three sportsbooks listed above are the top three NBA betting sites online so we suggest you visit one of those sites and set up an account. Opening a new account only takes a minute and you will only have to provide basic info such as your name and email address.
2. Make a Deposit – You can’t bet on basketball online without a funded account. To make a deposit head over to the cashier section of the sportsbook and follow the depositing instructions. Credit card deposits are generally the easiest, but you can deposit via a wide variety of methods including many e-wallets. If you have trouble depositing contact customer support and they will go out of their way to help you fund your account.
3. Place Your Basketball Bets – Now it’s time to start making money with your basketball knowledge. Head over to the basketball betting section of the sportsbook and begin to build your bankroll by placing sharp bets on basketball games!
Types of Basketball Bets
The three most popular types of basketball bets include betting the spread, the money line and the over/under.
Spread betting is generally the most popular and the most exciting type of basketball bet because it puts the two teams on an even playing field. In order for a spread bet on a favorite to win that team must win the game by more than “spread” amount. For example, if the Toronto Raptors are -6.5 point favorites over the 76ers then the Raptors must win by 7 or more for a Raptors spread bet to payout. On the other hand the 76ers must either win outright or lose by 6 or fewer points for a 76ers spread bet to payout. Spread bets typically have -105 or -110 odds associated with either outcome.
With money line betting you are wagering on which team will win the game outright. The odds associated with each team determine the amount a bet on either team wins with a certain risk. Continuing with the Raptors vs 76ers example the odds might be something like -290 for the Raptors and +245 for the 76ers. This means that you would have to wager $290 to win $100 betting on the Raptors, while you would have to bet $100 to win $245 betting on the 76ers.
Over/under betting, also known as totals betting, involves wagering on how many total points will be scored in a game. The bookmaker sets a “total” and you can wager on whether there will be more or fewer than that many points scored in the game.
Some other fun bets that can be made on basketball include prop bets and futures. Prop bets are any wager that isn’t directly affected by the final outcome of the game (how many points a player scores, which team scores first, etc). Futures bets include such things as which team will win the NBA Championships or the March Madness NCAA tournament.
Basketball Betting Odds
We touched on odds a little bit in the types of basketball bets section, but we will provide another example here. Typically you will see the American odds format when betting on basketball so let’s look at another example of that:
Xavier -5 (-110)
Butler +5 (-110)
In this example Xavier are 5 point favorites over the Butler Bulldogs. For a spread bet on Xavier to win they must win the game by 6 or more points and vice versa with Butler. The -110 indicates that you must bet $110 in order to win $100 betting on either outcome.
Basketball Betting Tips
- Home vs Away Games – Where the game is being played matters quite a bit in basketball. The fans play a roll in the game and it’s important to keep in mind if a team is at home or away before placing a bet.
- Streaks – Basketball seems to be more of a streaky sport than most others. When a team is firing on all cylinders they feel like they can’t lose and when things aren’t going their way it feels like they can’t hit a shot. You should include streaks in your basketball betting strategy.
- Be Patient – Keep your eye out for sharp bets, but don’t feel like you have to bet on every basketball game taking place on a given night. Betting on every game is a recipe for loss.
- Compare Lines – You will see this tip on nearly every page here at BetOnIt.org because it is that important. You should try to find the best line for the outcome you are choosing in order to have the best win rate and biggest return.
Specific Basketball Betting