The Breeders’ Cup is an annual series of approximately 15 thoroughbred horse races held every November, with the racetracks changing every year. The Breeders’ Cup has only been in existence since 1984, so it does not have the history of other top US horse races such as the Triple Crown races, but the large purses have created a great deal of excitement surrounding the Breeders Cup, so much so that only the Preakness Stakes, Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks garner greater attendance. There are plenty of Breeders Cup races to bet on and we have recommended three great online sportsbooks below, each of which is trusted with a great reputation within the industry.
Best Sportsbooks for Breeders’ Cup Betting
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On The Breeders Cup Online
The three sportsbooks recommended above are great for betting on the Breeders Cup and signing up and placing a wager is extremely easy at all three of them. Check out the step by step sign up guide below to easily start placing Breeders’ Cup bets.
Bet On Breeders Cup – Step By Step Guide
- Open a Sports Betting Account – Click on the link of any of our recommended sportsbooks listed above to visit the site and begin the registration process. Opening an account only takes a second and you will only have to provide basic information about yourself such as your name and email address.
- Fund Your Account – In order to place real money bets on the Breeders’ Cup you will need some money in your account. Credit card deposits are the most common, but each sportsbook also offers many other deposit methods and customer service will be eager to help if you run into any difficulties.
- Bet On The Breeders Cup – Now that you have money online you are ready to start betting on Breeders Cup races!
Breeders Cup Betting Tips
Here are a couple tips to help you with your Breeders’ Cup bets. For more general horse race betting tips check out the bet on horse racing page.
- Don’t Feel The Need To Bet On Every Race – There are a lot of races to choose from at the Breeders’ Cup and successful sports bettors know that betting on every game throughout a season will not translate into wins. The same is true at the Breeders’ Cup. It is better to place larger wagers on horses and races you are more confident in than spreading your bankroll thinly over every race.
- Do Your Research – Because there are so many races the oddsmakers may not do as significant of research as they would for say the Kentucky Derby. This makes it possible for you to beat the sportsbooks by finding more information and making educated bets.
Breeders Cup History
The Breeders Cup was created in 1984 and originally the races were all held on one day, which was considered the richest day in sports. Now that the Breeders Cup has been extended to two days the second day is still considered the second richest day in sports with $17 million up for grabs. To learn more about the Breeders’ Cup World Championships check out the Breeders’ Cup wiki page.