The Epsom Derby, more commonly known as The Derby Stakes or simply The Derby in the United Kingdom is a very popular horse race run at Epsom Downs in Epsom, England every year on the first Saturday of June. The Derby is Britain’s richest horse race and the most prestigious of the five Classics in Britain. As with all high profile horse races the Epsom Derby is a popular race for horse racing bettors to wager on. I have found the best online sportsbooks for placing your Epsom Derby bets. These top sportsbooks are trustworthy and offer some great promotions for The Derby.
Best Sportsbooks for Betting On Epsom Derby
|1||50% up to $250T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
|2||50% up to $1000T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
|3||50% up to $1000T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
How To Bet On The Epsom Derby Online
Opening an online sportsbook account to bet on the Epsom Derby is very easy, but to make it even more straight forward I’ve put together a three step guide that you can check out below.
Bet On Epsom Derby – Step By Step Guide
1. Open an Online Betting Account – We’ve recommended three great online racebooks above, each of which are trustworth and offer a variety of Epsom Derby betting options and promotions. Visit any of these racebooks by clicking on their link in the table above and open a new account. I suggest checking out each of their Epsom Derby promos to see where you can get the best value.
2. Fund Your Account – Now that you have an account you will need to add some money with which to bet on The Derby. Credit card deposits are generally the most popular, but each of our recommended sportsbooks also accept a wide variety of e-wallet deposits so you should have no trouble finding a way to fund your account. If you run into any difficulty simply contact the sportsbooks customer support and they should be able to fix any issues you may have.
3. Place Your Bets! – You’re now ready to place your Epsom Derby bets! Head over to the racebook and lay down some money on your preferred pony.
Epsom Derby Betting Tips
Here are a couple basic tips that should help you turn a profit betting on the Epsom Derby this year.
- Stay Away From The Favourite – The general public always loves the favourites and this will usually result in the favourites having shorter odds than they probably should. You can usually get better value on horses who aren’t considered one of the top favourites, but have a realistic shot at winning the race.
- Do Your Research – By the time the Epsom Derby rolls around in early June the horses that are participating will likely have already run in some of the other British Classics. Use this information, but adjust your expectations for the longer race that the Epsom Derby provides.
Epsom Derby History
The Epsom Derby is the original “Derby” as it began way back in 1780. The race is said to have been named after the 12th Earl of Derby, with the first race taking place on May 4th, 1780. The race became 1.5 miles long in 1784, after being 1 mile long for the first four years. It was found in 1991 that the races exact length was 1 mile, 4 furlongs and 10 yards.
The Epsom Derby is known as “The Derby” in the United Kingdom, while the Kentucky Derby is known as “The Derby” in North America. Many other countries have their own high profile race that is known as “The Derby” but the Epsom Derby was the first to receive that name. To learn more about the Epsom Derby check out the Epsom Derby wiki page.