The Grand National is an extremely popular race for horse racing betting in the United Kingdom. The famous National Hunt horse race is held each year at the Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool, England. The National, as it is often referred to, is a handicap steeplechase race run over 4 miles and 4 furlongs with 30 fences for the horses to jump.
The Grand National is a popular betting event with many online sportsbooks offering lucrative promotions for their bettors. I have found the best three sportsbooks for betting on the Grand National. Each of these bookies are highly regarded and trusted within the industry and offer some great Grand National promotions.
Best Sportsbooks For Betting On Grand National
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On Grand National Online
It is very easy to place a bet on the Grand National online. Here is a simple 3 step guide you can follow to place your Grand National bets within minutes:
- Join An Online Betting Site – If you don’t have an online sports betting account then the first thing you must do is open one by clicking on one of our top rated Grand National sportsbooks listed above. I suggest checking out each site and what kind of Grand National promotions they are offering to get the best value for your bets. Opening an account only takes a few minutes with only basic information being required such as your name and email address.
- Deposit – After you have created an account you will need to make a deposit in order to have some money with which to bet on the Grand National. Each of the sportsbooks I have listed offer sign up bonuses that depend on the amount of your deposit. I suggest you check out the bonus offer at your chosen sportsbook to try to get the biggest bonus possible from your deposit. There are a wide variety of deposit options to choose from at each site, but credit card deposits are generally the most popular and straight forward of the available methods.
- Place Your Bets – Now that you have money in your online betting account you are ready to place your Grand National bets! Head over to the horse racing section of the sportsbook and find the Grand National betting options. You will be able to place a wide variety of bets including win/place/show bets or exotic wagers such as Quinella, Exacta, Trifecta or Superfecta.
Grand National Betting Tips
Here are a couple tips to help you turn a profit betting on The National this year.
- Stay Away From Favourites – The general public loves betting on favourites and in a race like the Grand National where anything can happen they won’t have a ton of value for sharp bettors. I suggest betting on horses with longer odds who you feel have a shot at winning if the race goes their way.
- Do Your Research – A lot of horses run in this race and if you can find a diamond in the rough you could be in for a big pay day. And the only way you can find a diamond in the rough is if you do your research and find a sharp bet.
Grand National History
The first official Grand National is debated to this day, but most historians say that the first running of the Grand National took place in 1836 and was won by The Duke, who also won the next year. The years 1838 and 1839 were when the Grand National really took off and transformed into a national event mainly due to the railway arriving in Liverpool, the Great St. Albans Chase which competed with the Grand National not being renewed and the race being better organized by a committee. To learn more about the history of the race I suggest you check out the Grand National wiki page.