The Prince of Wales Stakes is the second race in the Canadian Triple Crown of horse racing. It is held every year in mid July at the Fort Erie Racetrack and has a length of 9.5 furlongs (the same as the Preakness Stakes, which is the second race in the US Triple Crown). The Prince of Wales Stakes gets nowhere near the same coverage as it’s American counterpart, but betting on the Prince of Wales Stakes is still quite popular in Canada.
The racebooks we have outlined below each offer lines for the Prince of Wales Stakes race and most important they are each well regarded and trusted in the industry.
Where To Bet On Prince Of Wales Stakes
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On The Prince Of Wales Stakes Online
If you have never placed a bet on a horse race before simply follow our quick 3-step guide below and you will be placing your Prince of Wales Stakes bets in a few minutes.
Bet On Prince Of Wales Stakes – Sign Up Guide
- Open an Online Racebook Account – Visit any of the top quality online racebooks we have outlined above to visit their website. From there you will need to create an account. This will only take a few minutes.
- Fund Your Account – Next you will have to make a deposit in order to have money with which to bet on the Prince of Wales Stakes race. Head to the ‘cashier’ or ‘deposit’ section of the sportsbook and choose from one of the many deposit methods to fund your account. If you run into any problems I suggest you contact customer support via live chat and they will fix you up in no time.
- Place Your Bets – You are now ready to place your bets, but first you will have to find the Prince of Wales Stakes race in the racebook. First you should head over to the ‘horse racing’ or ‘racebook’ section of the website. Then find the ‘Fort Erie Racetrack’ from the list of tracks. You should then be able to see the Prince of Wales Stakes race and you can proceed to place your wagers, sit back and hope for a big cash.
Prince of Wales Stakes History
The Prince of Wales Stakes was first run in 1929 at the Thorncliffe Park Raceway east of Toronto. That racetrack no longer exists today. It wasn’t until 1959 that race was moved to the Fort Erie Racetrack and it was then that the Prince of Wales Stakes became the second race in the Canadian Triple Crown series.
To learn more about the history of the race check out the Prince of Wales Stakes wiki page.