The Queen’s Plate is the first race in the Canadian Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing. It is held every year in June at the Woodbine Racetrack, in Etoicoke, Ontario (near Toronto). The race is a run on Polytrack and has a length of 10 furlongs (aka 1.25 miles). The length is the same as the Kentucky Derby, which is the first leg of the US Triple Crown, and for this reason the Queen’s Plate is often considered Canada’s version of the Derby.
The racebooks outlined below each offer lines for the Queen’s Plate race and each are respected and trusted within the industry. That said if you are a Canadian I suggest you place your bet through SportsInteraction.com because their sportsbook is catered towards Canadian bettors and they offer Canadians many perks and added bonuses.
Where To Bet On Queen’s Plate
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On The Queen’s Plate
If you are new to betting online you can follow our quick 3 step guide below and you will have your Queen’s Plate bet placed in a matter of minutes. The sign up guide will be geared towards signing up at SportsInteraction.com, but the steps will apply closely to each of the bookies listed above.
Bet On Queen’s Plate – Sign Up Guide
- Open an Online Racebook Account – Click on any of the racebooks from the list above in order to visit their website. From there you should proceed to open a new account. For SportsInteraction.com simply click on ‘Open an Account’ or ‘Bet Now’, fill out the form and you are set.
- Make a Deposit – Next you will need to fund your account in order to have money online to wager with. At Sports Interaction you should log into your new account then click on the ‘Deposit’ button at the top of the screen. Choose whichever deposit method you want and fund your account. You should note that by signing up through our link you will receive a 100% matching bonus up to $200. So making a deposit of $200 will get you the biggest bonus.
- Place Your Bets – You’re now ready to place your bets. Head over to the racebook section of the site, find the race and place your wagers. At Sports Interaction this means clicking on the ‘Horses’ tab, then clicking on ‘Woodbine’ for the track in the left sidebar. Now find the Queen’s Plate race and place your bets!
Queen’s Plate History
The Queen’s Plate was first ran way back on June 27th, 1860 at Carleton racetrack in Toronto. The race has been held at it’s current location at Woodbine Racetrack since 1956 and before this it was held at the old Woodbine Racetrack since 1883. The Queen’s Plate is currently facing some adversity with the future of the race in doubt.
Learn more about the race at the Queen’s Plate Wikipedia page.