The Summer Olympics only happen once every four years, but every time they do occur they offer two weeks of endless sports betting opportunities. The Summer Olympics are much bigger than the Winter Olympics, with 306 gold medals being awarded at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio, compared to only 102 at the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang in 2018. The 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo (which will be held in 2021) will have 339 events, most of which you will be able to bet on online.
The sportsbooks we have recommended below offer the widest variety of Summer Olympics betting options and some of the best promotions and bonuses to entice you to bet on the Summer Olympics with them. As with all the recommended sites here at BetOnIt.org, each of these sportsbooks are highly respected and trusted in the industry.
Where To Bet On Summer Olympics
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On Summer Olympics Online
It is very easy to get set up to bet on the Olympics online, but to make it as simple as possible here is a step by step guide to start betting on the Summer Olympics online.
Bet On Summer Olympics – Step By Step Guide
- Open an Online Sports Betting Account – Select one of the sportsbooks we have recommended above and visit the website by clicking the link. Once at the website you will proceed to open an account. This only takes a few minutes and you are only required to give basic information such as your name and email address.
- Make a Deposit – You will have to fund your account in order to place bets on the Summer Olympics. Credit card deposits are the most popular and generally very easy, but there are also a variety of cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc) or e-wallet (Skrill, Neteller, etc) deposit methods available at any of the sportsbooks. If you have trouble depositing customer service will be more than willing to assist you.
- Place Your Summer Olympics Bets – Head over to the “Olympics” section of the sportsbook, find the events you wish to wager on, place your bets and then sit back and watch your athletes win gold.
Summer Olympics Events
As mentioned earlier there are 339 different events taking place at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. If you want to learn more about betting on these specific events, you should check out our “bet on sports” page where there is unique information about a wide variety of specific sports such as basketball, boxing, cycling, tennis and more events you will find at the Summer Olympics.
Summer Olympics Betting Tips
These tips should help improve your chances of having a profitable 2021 Summer Olympics betting experience.
- Research Lesser Known Events – You can often find sharp lines if you research lesser known events because the fact that not many people will be betting on these events allows the oddsmakers to set lines that may not be perfectly accurate.
- Compare Odds – Because there are so many events you will often find different lines at each of the sportsbooks we recommend above. I suggest you open an account at each of the online bookies in order to ensure that you receive the best odds every time you place a bet.