Rugby league rugby is one of the two popular variations of rugby played at the professional level. After a split from the Rugby Union the rugby league’s rules gradually changed in order to create a more spectator friendly sport. Spectator friendly sports go hand in hand with online sports betting because betting on an already exciting sport to watch makes it that much more thrilling.
The best place to bet on rugby league is at one of the three online sportsbooks listed below. Each of these bookies offer some a wide variety of rugby league odds and betting options. And like all online sportsbooks you will find listed here at BetOnIt.org they are each trusted and respected with a large and loyal player base.
Best Sportsbooks for Rugby League Betting
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On Rugby League Online
- Open a betting account – First open an online sports betting account at one of the sportsbooks we recommend above by clicking on one of the links and following the sign up instructions on the website.
- Deposit – Next, head over the cashier section of your chosen sportsbook and fund your account in order to have some money available for rugby league betting. I also suggest checking out the first deposit bonus being offered by your selected sportsbook so you are able to get the most bonus out of your first deposit. There are a bunch of deposit methods at each of the recommended sportsbooks, but if you do run into trouble getting money online contact customer support and they will be eager to help.
- Bet – Then once you have money online you should find the ‘Rugby League’ section of the sportsbook and place your bets.
Rugby League Betting Options
If you are betting on rugby league games at one of the bookies we recommend above you will have plenty of options to choose from. Spread betting is the most common form of rugby league wager, but there will also be money line bets for most matches. Let’s look at an example of both from an NRL match:
Gold Coast Titans (+7.5) -110
Melbourne Storm (-7.5) -110
The spread for this match is 7.5 with the Melbourne Storm being the favourites. A $110 bet on either team would result in a $100 win if they can beat the spread. The Titans must either win the match outright or lose by 7 or fewer points to beat the spread, while the Storm must win by 8 or more.
Gold Coast Titans +200
Melbourne Storm -240
Here are money line odds for the same game, but there is no spread and you win the bet if the team you choose wins the game straight up. The payouts depend on the odds so a $100 bet on the Titans would win $200, while you would have to wager $240 to win $100 betting on the Storm.
There are also many other prop bets that you can make on the rugby league matches such as which team scores first, race to 10 points, the winning margin, highest scoring half, over/under on total points and much more.
Futures wagers are also popular with the most common being betting on which team will win the championship of a given league. For example betting on which team wins the NRL Grand Final this year would be a typical futures bet.