Wimbledon, more formally known as The Championships Wimbledon, is often considered the most prestigious Grand Slam event in tennis. The tournament takes place about a month after the French Open, in late June-early July. Wimbledon is the only Grand Slam event played on grass and Wimbledon bettors should take this into consideration when placing their Wimbledon bets.
Best Sportsbooks For Wimbledon Betting
|1||50% up to $250T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
|2||50% up to $1000T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
|3||50% up to $1000T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
How To Bet On Wimbledon Online
It is very easy to bet on Wimbledon online, with every sportsbook offering plenty of betting options for this big event, but to make it that much easier check out our quick step by step guide to help you bet on Wimbledon.
Bet On Wimbledon – Step By Step Guide
- Register an Online Sportsbook Account – We suggest you do this at any of the three sportsbooks we have listed above because they are each well respected within the industry, trustworthy and also offer plenty of fair betting lines for Wimbledon. Opening an account doesn’t take long and you will only have to provide basic information such as your name and email.
- Deposit – Once your account is created you will need to fund it in order to have money online to bet on Wimbledon. Credit card deposits are generally the fastest and easiest ways to deposit, but other ewallets, such as Moneybookers are also available. If you have trouble depositing, contact customer support and they will provide you with alternative deposit methods.
- Bet – Now that you have funds online, find the Wimbledon betting section of the sportsbook and place your wager. Then relax and watch as your player puts some more funds into your sports betting account.
Wimbledon Betting Options
For every Wimbledon match there will be moneyline (match winner), spread (game handicaps), totals (over/under on total number of games) and prop bets to choose from. Check around, look at the odds and decide which bets you feel are winners for the desired match.
There is also the option to bet on the Wimbledon champion. This “futures betting” option can provide a big payout if your player wins the tourney and it also provides you with the excitement of following your player throughout the Wimbledon tournament!
Wimbledon Betting Tips
- Grass Court Event – Wimbledon is played on a grass court and this must be taken into account when betting on Wimbledon matches. Certain players are grass court specialists, while others are uncomfortable on the surface. For example, Federer has won Wimbledon 6 times, while only winning the French Open once. Grass and clay courts are very different and results on one should not indicate similar results on the other.
- Find more general tennis betting tips on the bet on tennis page.
Learn more about the tournament and it’s history by checking out the Wimbledon wiki page.