The 2023 Preakness Stakes is set to run this Saturday, May 20th (tomorrow) at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland.
Mage, the Kentucky Derby winner, is the morning line favorite for the race. He will look to keep his chances at a Triple Crown alive with a win at the Preakness.
On this page I will recommend our top rated betting site for Alabama and Louisiana residents, touch on the different Preakness betting options available in both states, and provide a simple 3 step guide you can follow to bet on the Preakness Stakes online.
Where To Bet On The Preakness Stakes
BetOnline.ag is our top rated betting site for Alabama or Louisiana residents interested in betting on the Preakness Stakes.
New players at BetOnline receive a risk free $25 horse racing bet that can be used on the Preakness Stakes, a 9% rebate on daily horse racing bets, and a first deposit bonus of up to $1000. Check out our review here.
Preakness Stakes Betting in Alabama and Louisiana
Regulated sport betting began in Louisiana in January of 2022. There are now 8 mobile sportsbook apps available to Louisiana residents.
It is currently not legal to operate a sportsbook in Alabama. That said, residents of Alabama can still place bets on the Preakness Stakes through online betting sites that accept US players and are licensed and regulated outside of the United States. Our recommended betting site, BetOnline.ag, falls into this category. **Louisiana residents also have the option of betting through offshore sportsbooks.
Louisiana residents can also place Preakness Stakes bets at local horse racing tracks that offer simulcast betting. Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans and Louisiana Downs in Bossier City are two popular tracks that should be accepting Preakness wagers.
Bet On The Preakness From Alabama or Louisiana – Step By Step Guide
Follow this three step guide to place your Preakness Stakes bets online from anywhere in Alabama or Louisiana.
Step 1. Join BetOnline.ag
Click the above link, select ‘Join Now’ on the home page, and complete the registration form to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your new BOL account and click on the ‘Deposit’ button. Select your preferred deposit method, enter your desired amount, and follow the instructions to complete your deposit.
BetOnline accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. You can also cash out any winnings via bank wire or check through the mail.
Step 3. Bet On The Preakness Stakes
Sports Section (Fixed Odds)
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar.
- Open the ‘Horse Racing’ drop down menu and select ‘Horses Daily’ -> ‘Pimlico’.
- Click the odds of the horse you want to bet on to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your bet amount on the Bet Slip and click ‘Place Bet’ to lock in your wager.
Racebook Section (Parimutuel Betting Odds)
- Click ‘Racebook’ from the top menu bar.
- Open the ‘American Thoroughbred’ drop down menu in the left sidebar and select ‘Pimlico’.
- Select the Preakness race #13 on May 20th (post time ~7:01pm) and the wager type of the bet you want to make (straight, exacta, etc.).
- Enter your wager amounts next to the horse(s) you want to bet on and click ‘Add To Bet Slip’.
- Click ‘Submit All Bets’ on the Bet Slip to lock in your wagers.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.