The most notable franchise in Oklahoma and the only major league team within the states limits is the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder. The Sooner State is also home to some big time NCAA Division-1 schools that often compete for National Championships.
Sports betting has gone main stream in the United States with record levels of betting action being reported across the country. The same is true for Oklahoma with residents placing more bets than ever before. Oklahoma is lagging behind other states in terms of sports betting regulation, but residents are able to place bets through online betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the United States.
On this page I will cover what you need to know about the current legalities surrounding sports betting in Oklahoma, and look at where you can go today to start betting.
Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Oklahoma?
As of now, operating an online sportsbook within Oklahoma is illegal.
That said, Oklahoma residents are able to bet through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the United States and accept American players. The two betting sites I’ve recommended below for Oklahoma residents fall into this category.
**A bill has been proposed to allow the tribal-state compact to include “sports pools” which would basically allow for wagering on the outcome of games with bets placed into a pool, similar to parimutuel betting in horse racing. Ultimately, no action on the bill was taken.
Best Sports Betting Sites for Oklahoma Residents
Here are my top-rated sportsbooks for Oklahoma residents. Both of these sites are popular and trusted across the United States, and have served the USA betting market for over a decade each.
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
Offline Sports Betting in Oklahoma
There has not been any movement on bills brought forward to legalize gambling within the state. Any sportsbooks or bookies that are operating within the state borders of Oklahoma are doing so illegally.
The only alternative for residents of Oklahoma is to use offshore sportsbooks that accept Americans. Check out my recommendations above.
Major Sports Teams in Oklahoma
Oklahoma’s top sports attractions can be seen below.
I also added a more detailed look at sports betting in Oklahoma City, which you can see by clicking the link below.
- Oklahoma City Energy FC (USL Championship)
- Oklahoma City Thunder (NBA)
- Oklahoma Wranglers (AFL)
- Oklahoma Sooners (NCAA)
- OSU Cowboys (NCAA)
Horse Racing in Oklahoma
It is legal to bet on horse races at tracks in Oklahoma. Below I’ve listed two of the major tracks that are currently operating in the state.
**You can also place wagers at Bovada.lv for all races that take place at both Remington Park and Will Rogers Downs.
- Remington Park, Oklahoma City
– G3 Oklahoma Derby (TB) | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
– Remington Park Oaks (TB) | 3-year-old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
– Kip Deville (TB) | 2-year-olds going 6f
– Remington Park Springboard Mile (TB) | 2-year-olds going 1 mi.
– G2 Eastex (QH) | 3-year-olds & up going 350 yards
– G2 Oklahoma Futurity (QH) | 2-year-olds going 300 yards
– G2 Heritage Place Derby (QH) | 3-year-olds going 400 yards
– G1 Heritage Place Futurity (QH) | 2-year-olds going 350 yards
- Will Rogers Downs, Claremore
– Clem McSpadden Memorial Route 66 Stakes