The Super Bowl is the single most bet on game in the world of online sports betting every year. It is said that one in 1 in 3 sports fans will bet on the Super Bowl every year. That is a lot of betting, but the Super Bowl is arguably the most exciting game of the year and putting down a bet on the Super Bowl makes you that much more invested in the outcome.
Best Sportsbooks for Betting On Super Bowl
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On The Super Bowl
It is very easy to bet on the Super Bowl online and for a step by step guide visit the bet on NFL page. Here’s a quick summary:
- Join – The first thing you need to do is set up an account at an online sportsbook. The three outlined above are your best bets for Super Bowl betting.
- Deposit – Then you will need to fund your account with the money you want to bet on the big game. You can deposit via credit card, bank transfer, bitcoin, e-wallet, etc. If you have any trouble depositing contact customer support and they will help you out.
- Place Your Bet – Now that you have money online at a reputable online bookie check out the Super Bowl betting lines and place your Super Bowl bets. There are a ton of options when it comes to betting on the Super Bowl, some of which are outlined below.
Super Bowl Betting Options
Money Line, Spread or Total
Betting on the Super Bowl winner straight up (moneyline bet) is probably the most popular Super Bowl wager you can make. Both teams have earned the right to be in the Super Bowl so there likely won’t be a huge favourite. That being said it would be rare to find a pick’em game in a Super Bowl, so betting the spread is also an option. The Super Bowl over/under bet is another option for players who don’t want to bet on a team, but would rather bet on the number of points scored in the game as a whole.
Super Bowl Props
The Super Bowl is the one game a year where you will find an unlimited amount of prop betting options. You can literally bet on absolutely anything in the game from the time of the first touchdown, to how many yards a star running back will get, to if there will be a missed field go, to who will win the coin flip and even how many times a celebrity in the stands will be shown on television. The Super Bowl prop betting options are endless and they can be a lot of fun when watching the game.
Super Bowl Futures
It’s also possible to bet on the Super Bowl at any time during the year with what’s called a “futures bet”. Most sportsbooks will offer Super Bowl odds for the next season within a few days of the last Super Bowl being played.
The futures odds change throughout the year as the teams apparent chances of winning the Super Bowl vary. If a team loses their star quarterback to injury you should expect the Super Bowl odds for that team to lengthen dramatically for example. The teams that are the biggest favorites to win the Super Bowl are usually around +600 before the start of the season, while the long shot teams are closer to +10,000.
Bet On Super Bowl – Tips
These basic tips should help you turn a profit when you bet on the Super Bowl this year.
- Compare Lines – This cannot be stressed enough. You should always compare lines with different sportsbooks in order to get the best bang for your buck.
- Don’t Place Futures Bets On Hot Teams – If a team is on a big winning streak it is not the best time to place a Super Bowl futures bet on that team. It is much smarter to wait until the public opinion of a team is low in order to get the best value betting on that team to win the Super Bowl.