You can always find a ton of Super Bowl props every year many of which are a little strange, but this year Bovada.lv has outdone themselves with their Super Bowl prop betting options. They have all of the normal props such as team props and player performances that you would find on a regular NFL game (actually more than you would find for a regular NFL game) and then they have added some very strange props that you can wager on.
These weird props can be found in the NFL player props section of the Bovada.lv website.
I will give some examples and break them down into categories:
Bovada is giving you the opportunity to put current players against historical performances of players from the same team in the Super Bowl. Some example:
- Ray Lewis tackles and assists from Super Bowl XXV (5) +6 vs Ray Lewis this Sunday -6. (This translates into an over/under of 11 tackles & assists for present day Ray Lewis)
- Steve Young passing yards from Super Bowl XXIX (325) -89.5 vs Colin Kaepernick passing yards on Sunday +89.5. (An over/under for Colin Kapernick passing yards of 235.5.
As you can see these simply translate into over/unders for the present day players, but they are still interesting to compare them to past legends. There are many more of these at Bovada.lv.
Cross Sport Matchups
If you plan on having a sports day and watching some basketball or hockey prior to the Super Bowl then these props could be right up your ally.
- What will be higher? Lebron James points vs Raptors or San Francisco 49ers total points scored in the Super Bowl.
- What will be higher? Steve Nash’s total assists vs Pistons or Baltimore Ravens first half points in the Super Bowl.
- What will be higher? Evgeni Malkin’s total points vs Capitals or Frank Gore’s total receptions in the Super Bowl.
These props actually may have some value if you do your research, but they do all have -115 juice so you have to be confident.
These are the prop bets that can get really weird because they don’t really have anything to do with the game. They include the classic coin flip, national anthem, half time show, number of times shown on television, number of times peoples names are said, etc, etc, etc. I’m only going to list a few of the weirder ones below so visit Bovada.lv to check them all out. There are a lot!
- How long will Alicia Keys rendition of the National Anthem be? Over/Under 2 minute and 10 seconds.
- How will Beyonce’s hair be styled? Straight +120 or Curly/Crimped -160.
- How many times will Jack Harbaugh be shown on the television? Over/Under 2.
- How many times will Harbaugh be said during the game? Over/Under 20.5.
- How many times will the game be referred to as the Harbaugh Bowl or the Har Bowl or Super Baugh during the game? Over/Under 2.5.
- Who will the Super Bowl MVP thank first? Plenty to choose from.
- How many times will Ray Lewis mention God/Lord in post game interview? Over/Under 3.