March Madness is here. The Conference Tournaments are in the books, Selection Sunday has taken place, and the 2021 NCAA Tournament bracket is set. It’s time for the 68 selected teams to battle it out for the NCAA Tournament Championship over the next three weekends.
March Madness is one of the most wagered on sporting events in the United States every year, and with the tournament being cancelled last year I think the appetite for this years tournament is off the charts. I’m expecting a lot of March Madness betting this year and I hope you have your vacation days ready for the first round games.
On this page I will recommend two betting sites for Oklahoma and Kansas residents, look at some betting options for March Madness, and finish with a simple 3 step guide to help you bet on March Madness online within minutes.
Best March Madness Sportsbooks for Americans
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
Bovada and BetOnline are our two top rated betting sites for Oklahoma and Kansas residents. Both sites are focused on the USA betting market and this shows through in their bet offerings, customer service, promotions and the overall betting platform. Both sites have built a strong reputation and are trusted and popular across the US.
For the remainder of this guide I will be using Bovada.lv for all examples.
March Madness Betting in Oklahoma and Kansas
At this time it is not legal to operate a sportsbook in either Oklahoma or Kansas.
In Oklahoma the Governor did reach an agreement with two federally-recognized tribes to make changes to the gaming compacts that include sports betting. The new compacts must still be published into the Federal Register before regulated sports betting can start in Oklahoma. In Kansas there has been no progress towards regulated sports betting in the state.
If you live in Oklahoma or Kansas you can still bet on March Madness through online betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the United States. Bovada.lv and BetOnline.ag both fall into this category, with both sites having served the US market for more than a decade.
March Madness Betting Options
Let’s take a look at the futures odds to win the NCAA Tournament outright and then we will break down the three most popular bets you can make on each individual March Madness game.
Here are the tournament winner odds from Bovada.lv (taken on March 17th). I included all of the teams with 35-1 or better odds.
You can also place futures bets on the winner of each region.
Here is a screenshot from a typical NCAA basketball game with the three most popular college basketball bets prominently shown. This example is from an early round game in the ACC Tournament, but the odds will be shown the same during the NCAA Tournament:
The spread, to win (money line) and total (over/under) odds are the three popular bets to make on a game.
- Spread – In this example Pittsburgh is a -3.5 point favorite. Pitt must win by 4 or more points to cover the spread. Miami Florida can win the game outright or lose by 3 or fewer points.
- Win – Also known as the money line, this is simply a bet on which team will win the game outright. The odds determine the risk vs reward for betting on either team. In the above example you would have to risk $170 to win $100 betting on Pittsburgh, while a $100 bet on Miami Florida would win $150 if the pulled off the minor upset.
- Total – The oddsmaker will set a total number of points to be scored in the game by both teams. You can bet on whether the total points will be over or under this set amount.
Bet On March Madness in Oklahoma or Kansas – 3 Step Guide
Complete this three step tutorial to get your March Madness bets placed online.
Step 1. Join Bovada.lv
Click the above link and fill out the overlay form on the home page to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your new account and click on the ‘Deposit’ button. Choose your preferred deposit method (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin) and complete the instructions to fund your account.
You will receive a 50% matching bonus up to $250 on your first deposit, which you can claim in the ‘My Rewards’ section of your account.
Step 3. Place Your March Madness Bets
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar and select ‘Basketball’ from the secondary sports menu.
- Select ‘College Basketball’ from the Basketball drop down menu to bring up all of the NCAA Tournament odds.
- Select the odds of the wager you want to place and enter your risk amount on the Bet Slip.
- When you are happy with the wager click ‘Place Bets’ to confirm the bet.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.