The NFL is the most bet on sports league in the United States. The 2022 NFL season gets underway on September 8th, and finishes up on January 8th, 2023 after all 32 teams play 17 games across 18 regular season game weeks. The playoffs will begin on January 14th, 2023 with Super Bowl LVII scheduled for February 12th at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
NFL betting has increased over the past several years with sports betting shedding the negative stigma associated with it in the past. NFL betting has now taken center stage on main stream media in the United States and betting has become and even bigger part of the culture of NFL fandom.
On this page I will recommend an online betting site, touch on the regulatory climate for sports betting in Missouri, Kansas, and Nebraska, explain the most popular NFL bets, and provide a simple three step guide you can follow to bet on the NFL online.
Best Betting Site For Americans
Bovada.lv is our recommended betting site for US residents looking to bet on NFL games online. This includes anyone living in Missouri, Kansas or Nebraska.
Bovada has served the US market for a decade, and have proven to be a trusted and fair betting site that has become very popular among US bettors.
NFL Betting in Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska
At this time it is not legal to operate a sportsbook within Missouri, Kansas or Nebraska.
Nebraska did legalize sports betting in May of 2021, and Kansas followed suit in July of 2022, but regulated sports betting has not yet launched in either state.
That said, residents of Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska can still place sports bets through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the USA, while accepting American bettors. Bovada.lv, our recommended sportsbook for NFL betting, falls into this category.
NFL Betting Options
Bovada.lv has a huge selection of betting lines for all NFL games throughout the season, as well as a wide variety of futures and props bets for the NFL season.
Below I will explain the three most popular bets you can make on an NFL game: spread, money line and total. I will be using the odds for the Kansas City Chiefs vs Arizona Cardinals week 1 game as the example:
The spread odds are shown in the first column in the screenshot above. In this example the Kansas City Chiefs are 3 point favorites in the game (-3), while the Cardinals are 3 point underdogs (+3).
- If the Chiefs win by 4 or more points, then Chiefs -3 bets are winners.
- If the Cardinals win the game outright or the Chiefs win by only 1 or 2 points, then Cardinals +3 bets are winners.
- If the Chiefs win by exactly 3 points then spread bets on this game would push (be returned).
The money line, also known as the ‘To Win’ odds, is simply a wager on which team will win the game outright. The odds for each team indicate your risk vs reward betting on that team.
- A $160 bet on the Chiefs would win $100 (payout $260).
- A $100 bet on the Cardinals would win $135 (payout $235).
The total is a bet on the amount of points scored in the game by both teams combined. The total in the above example is set at 53 points.
- Over bets win if 54 or more points are scored.
- Under bets win if 52 or fewer points are scored.
- If exactly 53 points are scored in the game, the total bets would push (be returned).
Bet On The NFL Online – 3 Step Guide
Complete these three steps to place your NFL bets online from anywhere in the United States.
Step 1. Join Bovada.lv
Click the above link and complete the sign up form on the home page to open your account.
Bovada is our top rated sportsbook for Americans.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your Bovada account and click the ‘Deposit’ link under your accounts drop down menu. Choose one of the deposit options, enter the deposit amount, and follow the instructions to complete your deposit.
Bovada accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, and ETH.
Step 3. Place Your NFL Bets
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar, and select ‘Football’ from the secondary sports menu.
- Select ‘NFL’ from the ‘Football A-Z’ menu in the left sidebar to navigate to the individual game odds.
- Bovada also has NFL Futures, NFL Season Player Props, NFL Season Props, NFL Specials, and NFL Team Specials categories where you can find different futures and props betting lines.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount on the Bet Slip, and click ‘Place Bets’ to lock in your wagers.
If you’re new to betting online check out our guide section for some basic aspects explaining various components of betting online such as odds formats, sportsbook bonus types, and more.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.
Tagged With : Kansas betting • Missouri betting • Nebraska betting • NFL Betting