The NFL is the most bet on sports league in the United States. Betting has become an integral part of NFL fandom culture in recent years with point spread, money line, and total betting lines now main talking points on NFL game preview shows.
On this page I will recommend a betting site for South Carolina residents, touch on the state of regulated sports betting in SC, outline the three most popular bets you can make on NFL games, and provide an easy three step guide you can follow to get your NFL bets placed online right away.
Best Betting Site For SC Residents
Bovada.lv is our top rated online sportsbook for South Carolina residents looking to bet on the NFL online. Bovada is the most popular betting site serving the US market and they have a huge selection of betting lines for every NFL game at fair odds.
Sports Betting in South Carolina
It is not legal to operate a sportsbook in South Carolina.
Sports betting bills were introduced in each of the past three years, but none gained much traction in their respective legislative session.
That said, South Carolina residents do have the option to place NFL bets through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the US, while accepting American bettors. Bovada.lv falls into this category as an offshore sportsbook licensed in Curacao, while accepting bettors from most US States, including South Carolina.
Popular NFL Bets
The three betting markets that take the majority of NFL betting handle are the point spread, money line, and total. Below I will use the odds from a Cowboys vs Panthers game as an example to explain each of these popular NFL bets.
- Point Spread – In the above example the Dallas Cowboys are 10.5 point favorites (-10.5). Cowboys -10.5 bets would win if Dallas wins the game by 11 or more points. The Carolina Panthers are 10.5 point underdogs (+10.5). Spread bets on the Panthers would win if they win the game outright or lose by 10 or fewer points.
- Money Line (To Win) – The Cowboys are -550 favorites to win the game. This means every $550 risked on the Cowboys would win $100 if the earned the victory. The Panthers are +390 underdogs, so a $100 bet on the Panthers would win $390 if they pulled off the upset.
- Total – The total is set at 42 points. Over bets would win if 43 or more points are scored in the game, while under bets would win if 41 or fewer points are scored. If exactly 42 points are scored then the total bets would “push” and be returned.
How To Bet On The NFL From South Carolina – 3 Step Guide
Follow this three step tutorial to bet on NFL games from anywhere in South Carolina.
Step 1. Open Bovada.lv Account
Click the above link and fill out the overlay sign up form to open your account.
Bovada is the most popular online betting site serving the USA and our top rated sportsbook for South Carolina residents.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your Bovada account and click ‘Deposit’ under your accounts drop down menu. Choose your preferred deposit method (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, BTC, ETH, etc.), enter your deposit amount, and follow the instructions to complete your deposit.
You can withdraw any winnings through Bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies, bank transfer, or check through the mail.
Step 3. Place Your NFL Bets
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar and select ‘Football’ from the sports menu.
- Select ‘NFL’ from the ‘Trending Competitions’ or ‘Football A-Z’ menus.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to place to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount on the Bet Slip and click ‘Place Bet’ to lock in the wager.
Here’s a screenshot from Bovada showing the clicks:
Ready to get started? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.