Formula One, which is often referred to as F1, is the highest class of single seater auto racing sanctioned by the FIA. The cars must comply to a set of rules or “formula”, which is how the racing championship got its name. The F1 season consists of a series of Grand Prix races where drivers earn points towards the annual World Championships. F1 cars are the fastest circuit-racing cars in the world with speeds of up to 360 km/h! For racing fans it doesn’t get any bigger, better or faster than Formula One.
All reputable online sportsbooks will offer F1 betting lines for every race. I have investigated the top sportsbooks in the world and found three online sportsbooks that I feel are the best for Formula One bettors. These sportsbooks, listed below, each offer a wide variety of F1 betting options, fair odds, a sizable sign up bonus and like all sportsbooks advertised here at BetOnIt.org they are highly regarded within the industry.
Best Sportsbooks For Betting On F1
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On F1 Online
Opening an online sports betting account and placing F1 bets is very straight forward, but to make it even easier I have outlined three simple steps that will have you betting on F1 within a few minutes.
Bet On Formula One – Step By Step Guide
1. Open an Online Betting Account – Visit any of the online sportsbooks I have recommended above and open an account. This will only take a couple minutes and you will only have to provide very basic information such as your name, email and address.
2. Deposit – Now that you have an online betting account you will need to make a deposit in order to have funds with which to bet on Formula One races. Visit the ‘cashier’ section of your selected online sportsbook and choose one of the many deposit methods available. Credit card deposits are generally the easiest, but each of our recommended sportsbooks has many other e-wallet deposit options that you can also use. If you run into any trouble during this step contact the sportsbooks customer support and they will answer any questions you may have.
3. Place Your Bets! – You are now ready to place your Formula One bets. Head over to the F1 section of your sportsbook and place your wagers!
Formula One Betting Options
The Formula One betting options are the same as the ones described on the bet on motor sports page. You can bet on the outright winner of every Grand Prix race, but the online sportsbooks we recommend also provide several head-to-head match-up odds where you can wager on which of two drivers will finish the race first.
The futures bets are also popular Formula One wagers, where you can bet on who will win the Drivers or Constructors Championship for the year.
F1 Betting Tips
Here are a few tips that you should use when deciding which F1 drivers to bet on.
- Practice Sessions – Watch the practice sessions for clues as to how comfortable the driver is on the track and how well the car is performing.
- Track – Every track is different, but some will have similarities to other Grand Prix tracks. You should look at which drivers have performed well on similar tracks to get a better idea of their comfort level with the track heading into the race.
- Compare Odds – The odds for F1 races will vary quite a bit between sportsbooks so I suggest you check out the odds at each of our recommended F1 bookies before placing your bets to get the highest possible return.
Visit the official Formula One website to learn more about the sport and keep up with F1 news.