There are not any big horse racing tracks in either Georgia or South Carolina. But that doesn’t mean that residents of both Georgia and South Carolina don’t enjoy betting on horse racing tracks from across the United States.
On this page I will recommend two betting sites (with terrific Racebooks) for Georgia and South Carolina residents, look at the legal climate of horse race betting in Georgia and South Carolina, outline the different bets you can make on a typical horse race, and finish with a simple 3 step guide you can follow to bet on horse racing online.
Best Racebooks For Georgia and South Carolina Residents
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
BetOnline.ag and Bovada.lv are our top two rated betting site for Georgia and South Carolina residents interested in betting on horses online.
Horse Race Betting in Georgia and South Carolina
Neither Georgia or South Carolina allow residents to bet on horse races. If you live in Georgia or South Carolina you will have to join an online betting site that accepts Georgia or South Carolina residents, is licensed and regulated outside of the United States, and offers betting on major horse racing tracks from across the United States. Both BetOnline.ag and Bovada.lv fall into this category allowing Georgia and South Carolina residents to bet on horse races in their easy to use Racebooks.
Horse Racing Betting Types
All bets made in the Racebook at either BetOnline or Bovada will use the parimutuel betting system. This means the odds are not fixed, but will change (even after you bet) based on the amount of money wagered on each horse (and wager type).
- Win – A bet on a horse to win the race.
- Place – A bet on a horse to win the race or finish 2nd.
- Show – A bet on a horse to win the race, finish 2nd, or finish 3rd.
Exotic (Exacta, Trifecta, Pick 6, etc.)
- Exacta – A bet on the horses to finish 1st and 2nd (in that order).
- Trifecta – A bet on the horses to finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd (in that order).
- Superfecta – A bet on the horses to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (in that order).
- Pick 3 – A bet on the horses to win three consecutive races.
- Pick 6 – A bet on the horses to win six consecutive races.
Bet On Horse Racing in Georgia or South Carolina – 3 Step Guide
Complete this three step tutorial to bet on horse races online from anywhere in Georgia or South Carolina.
Step 1. Join BetOnline.ag
Click the above link, select ‘Join Now’ on the home page, and complete the registration form to open your account.
BetOnline offers a risk free $25 bet on horse racing for new players. They also offer a 9% daily horse racing rebate. These horse racing promotions are in addition to their 50% up to $1000 first deposit bonus.
Step 2. Deposit Funds
Log into your BOL account and click on the green ‘Deposit’ button. Select your preferred deposit method, set the amount, and follow the instructions to fund your account.
BetOnline accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. You can cash out through most of those methods, as well as via bank wire or check through the mail.
Step 3. Place Your Horse Racing Wagers
- Click ‘Racebook’ from the top menu bar and select the track you want to wager on from the left sidebar.
- Select the day of the race, the race #, and the bet type (straight, exacta, trifecta, etc.).
- Enter your bets beside the horses you want to wager on and click ‘Add To Bet Slip’.
- When you are happy with the wagers on your Bet Slip, click ‘Submit All Bets’ to lock them in.
Here’s a screenshot showing the clicks to place a bet on the Preakness Stakes as an example:
Ready to bet? Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.
Tagged With : Georgia betting • Horse Race Betting • Horse Racing • Horse Racing betting • South Carolina betting