If you are a Texas resident interested in betting on horse races online then you are in the right place. Here is what you will find on this page:
- I will recommend our top rated offshore betting sites where Texans can bet on horse races from tracks across the United States.
- I will quickly look at the most popular horse racing track in Texas (Lone Star Park) and look at the limits available for that track at each of our recommended Racebooks.
- I will provide an overview of the most popular bets you can make on horse races.
- I will finish with a simple 3 step guide you can follow to get your horse racing wagers placed online within minutes.
Best Racebooks For Texas Residents
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
Horse Race Betting in Texas
Texas does not allow residents to bet on horse races through official track websites. If you live in Texas you will have to join an online Racebook that accepts Texans and is licensed and regulated outside of the United States. Both BetOnline.ag and Bovada.lv fall into this category and allow Texas residents to bet on horse races from across the United States in their easy to use Racebooks.
Lone Star Park is the most popular horse racing track in Texas. It has live racing four days a week during the spring and three days a week in the fall. It also offers simulcast racing for tracks from across the United States 7 days a week.
You can also bet on all Lone Star Park races at both BetOnline and Bovada. At BetOnline.ag the maximum payout per race at Lone Star Park is $25,000, while at Bovada.lv the max payout per race is $10,000. For this reason, I will be using BetOnline for the examples and guide on the remainder of this page.
BetOnline also takes bets on races at Sam Houston Race Park with a $15,000 max net profit per race.
Horse Racing Betting Options
It’s important to understand that all bets made in the Racebook will use the parimutuel betting system. This means that the odds are not fixed. The odds will change (even after you place your bet) depending on the amount of money wagered on each horse (and bet type) at the race track.
Also known as a straight wager, the win/place/show bets are the most common wagers to make on a horse race.
- Win – You’re betting on your horse to win the race.
- Place – You’re betting on your horse to finish in 1st or 2nd place.
- Show – You’re betting on your horse to finish in the top 3.
Exotic bets are wagers that involve more than one outcome to cash. This could be betting on the finishing of more than one horse in a specific race or the winner of multiple races across a race card. Here are some examples:
- Exacta – You are betting on which horse will finish 1st and which horse will finish 2nd in the same race.
- Trifecta – You are betting on which horses will finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd (in that order) in the same race.
- Superfecta – You are betting on which horses will finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th (in that order) in the same race.
- Pick 3 – You are betting on the winning horse in three consecutive races.
- Pick 6 – You are betting on the winning horse in six consecutive races.
Bet On Horse Racing In Texas – How To Guide
Follow this three step tutorial to bet on horse racing online.
Step 1. Join BetOnline.ag
Click the above link, select ‘Join Now’ on the home page and fill out the sign up form to open your account.
BetOnline offers new players a risk free $25 horse racing wager, a first deposit bonus of 50% up to $1000, and 9% daily horse racing rebates.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your account and click on the ‘Deposit’ button. Select your preferred deposit method, enter the deposit amount, and follow the instructions to complete your deposit.
BetOnline accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. You can also cash out via bank wire or check.
Step 3. Place Your Horse Racing Wagers
- Click ‘Racebook’ from the top menu bar and the track you want to bet on the left sidebar.
- Select the day, race # and wager type (straight, exacta, trifecta, etc.).
- Enter your bet amounts beside your horses and select ‘Add To Bet Slip’.
- When you are happy with your bets click ‘Submit All Bets’ to lock them in.
Here’s a screenshot showing a win bet on a race from Sam Houston Race Park to show you the clicks:
Ready to bet? Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.