March Madness is one of the most bet on events in the US every year. Last years tournament was cancelled due to the pandemic, but this year the tournament will go ahead in a bubble like environment with all of the games taking place in Indiana (majority in Indianapolis).
On this page I will recommend our two top rated betting sites for Americans, touch on the legal climate of betting in Connecticut and Massachusetts, outline the different bets you can make on March Madness and finish with a simple 3 step guide you can follow to place your NCAA Tournament bets online.
Best Betting Sites for Americans
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
Bovada.lv and BetOnline.ag are our two recommended betting sites for Connecticut and Massachusetts residents looking to bet on March Madness. Both sites are popular and trusted by American bettors and are focused on continuing to provide a great betting platform for bettors from across the United States.
For the rest of this guide I will be using Bovada.lv for my examples and the 3 step betting guide.
March Madness Betting in Connecticut or Massachusetts
It is not currently legal to operate a sportsbook in either Connecticut or Massachusetts.
That said, if you live in Connecticut or Massachusetts you can still place March Madness bets online through betting sites that accept Americans and are licensed and regulated outside of the USA. Bovada and BetOnline both fall into this category.
Connecticut and Massachusetts lawmakers have shown some interest in regulated sports betting in each state, but no real progress has been made at this time.
March Madness Betting Options
March Madness brackets, futures wagers on the tournament winner or team to advance to the Final Four, and individual game bets such as spread, money line and totals are all popular March Madness bets.
March Madness Futures Bets
Here is an example of futures odds using Big 12 Conference heading into their quarterfinal games. The odds are from Bovada.lv (taken on March 11th):
To see the NCAA Tournament winner odds, as well as other Conference Tournament winners or region winners, head to Bovada.lv and select ‘Futures’ and ‘College Basketball’ from the Basketball section.
March Madness Game Bets
You can also bet on each individual game during the March Madness tournaments. Here’s an example using odds from the Oklahoma State vs West Virginia game from the Big 12 tournament.
The spread, money line and over/under odds are the three most common bets to make on a college basketball game.
- Point Spread – In this example West Virginia is a -3.5 favorite. This means a spread on West Virginia would win if they win the game by 4 or more points. A spread bet on Oklahoma State would win if they win the game outright or lose by 3 or fewer points.
- Money Line – This is simply a bet on which team will win the game outright. In this example you would have to risk $165 to win $100 betting on West Virginia. A bet of $100 would win $145 betting on Oklahoma State.
- Over/Under – The oddsmaker will set a total and you can bet on whether the amount of points scored by both teams in the game will be over or under that amount.
Bet On March Madness From Connecticut or Massachusetts – 3 Step Guide
Follow this three step tutorial to bet on March Madness online from Connecticut or Massachusetts.
Step 1. Join Bovada.lv
Click the above link and complete the sign up form on the home page to create an account.
Step 2. Deposit Funds
After logging into your account click on the ‘Deposit’ button. Choose your preferred deposit method, enter the deposit amount, and follow the instructions to fund your account.
Bovada accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Bitcoin deposits.
Step 3. Place Your March Madness Bets
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top navigation bar and select ‘Basketball’ from the secondary sports menu bar.
- Select ‘College Basketball’ from the basketball drop down menu to navigate to the NCAA Tournament odds.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount and click ‘Place Bets’ to lock in the wager.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.