March Madness is one of the most bet on events in the US every year. Selection Sunday is in the books and the 68 teams are ready to battle it out through the NCAA Tournament with the Final Four scheduled to take place on the first weekend of April in Houston, Texas.
On this page I will recommend our two top rated betting sites for Americans, touch on the legal climate of betting in Connecticut and Massachusetts, outline the different bets you can make on March Madness and finish with a simple 3 step guide you can follow to place your NCAA Tournament bets online.
Best Betting Sites for Americans
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
Bovada.lv and BetOnline.ag are our two recommended betting sites for Connecticut and Massachusetts residents looking to bet on March Madness. Both sites are popular and trusted by American bettors and are focused on continuing to provide a great betting platform for bettors from across the United States.
For the rest of this guide I will be using Bovada.lv for my examples and the 3 step betting guide.
March Madness Betting in Connecticut or Massachusetts
Sports betting is now legal in both Connecticut and Massachusetts. In Connecticut there are a three state-licensed sportsbooks that have been taking bets since October 2021 (Sugarhouse, DraftKings and FanDuel). In Massachusetts regulated sports betting went live on March 10th, 2023. There are currently six regulated online sportsbook options for Massachusetts residents.
If you live in Connecticut or Massachusetts you also have the option to bet on March Madness through offshore betting sites that accept Americans and are licensed and regulated outside of the USA. Bovada.lv and BetOnline.ag both fall into this category. The offshore betting sites have a proven track record as trusted and fair sportsbooks.
March Madness Betting Options
March Madness brackets, futures wagers on the tournament winner or team to advance to the Final Four, and individual game bets such as spread, money line and totals are all popular March Madness bets.
March Madness Futures Bets
Here is an example of futures odds using the NCAA Tournament winner odds. The odds are from Bovada.lv (taken on March 14th):
To see the NCAA Tournament winner odds, as well as the region winners, head to Bovada.lv and select ‘College Basketball Futures’ from the ‘Basketball A-Z’ drop down menu on the Basketball page.
March Madness Game Bets
You can also bet on each individual game during the March Madness tournaments. Here’s an example using odds from the Connecticut vs Iona round of 64 game.
The spread, money line and over/under odds are the three most common bets to make on a college basketball game.
- Point Spread – In this example Connecticut is a -9.5 favorite. This means a spread on Connecticut would win if they win the game by 10 or more points. A spread bet on Iona would win if they win the game outright or lose by 9 or fewer points.
- Money Line – This is simply a bet on which team will win the game outright. In this example you would have to risk $450 to win $100 betting on UConn. A bet of $100 would win $335 betting on Iona.
- Over/Under – The oddsmaker will set a total and you can bet on whether the amount of points scored by both teams in the game will be over or under that amount.
Bet On March Madness From Connecticut or Massachusetts – 3 Step Guide
Follow this three step tutorial to bet on March Madness online from Connecticut or Massachusetts.
Step 1. Join Bovada.lv
Click the above link and complete the sign up form on the home page to create an account.
Step 2. Deposit Funds
After logging into your account click on the ‘Deposit’ button. Choose your preferred deposit method, enter the deposit amount, and follow the instructions to fund your account.
Bovada accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Bitcoin deposits.
Step 3. Place Your March Madness Bets
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top navigation bar and select ‘Basketball’ from the secondary sports menu bar.
- Select ‘College Basketball’ or ‘College Basketball Futures’ from the Basketball A-Z drop down menu to navigate to the NCAA Tournament odds.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount and click ‘Place Bets’ to lock in the wager.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.