UFC betting and the sports betting industry as a whole has gained popularity over the past several years as sports betting has become more accepted in the main stream. With UFC betting increasing in popularity and new bettors from across the USA betting on fights, I wanted to add this page to help North Dakota and South Dakota residents understand how to place UFC bets online.
On this page you will find the following:
- Our top rated betting sites for US residents.
- A quick summary of the sports betting climate in North Dakota and South Dakota.
- An example of a UFC bet, and brief explanations of the most popular UFC bets you can place.
- Three step guide you can follow to bet on the UFC online.
Best UFC Sportsbooks For Americans
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
Bovada and BetOnline are our top rated betting sites for US residents interested in betting on the UFC online. These are the two most popular and trusted betting sites serving the United States betting market, with each site accept players from both North Dakota and South Dakota.
I suggest comparing odds between the two sites when placing your UFC wagers. For the rest of this guide I will be using Bovada.lv for all examples.
Sports Betting in North and South Dakota
There is regulated sports betting in both North Dakota and South Dakota, but it is only available at a few select tribal casinos in both states. South Dakota legalized sports betting in late 2020, but there are currently only around 7 casinos licensed to take sports bets and all are in the city of Deadwood. North Dakota legalized sports betting a year later in late 2021, but they have only licensed three tribal casinos in the state to accept regulated sports bets.
Even though regulated sports betting is available in both South Dakota and North Dakota it is limited to only a handful of locations.
That said, if you live in North Dakota or South Dakota you can still place UFC bets from the comfort of your own home at online betting sites that are regulated and licensed outside of the USA, while accepting American players. Bovada.lv falls into this category as a sportsbook that is licensed and regulated in Panama, while accepting US players, including residents of North Dakota and South Dakota.
Most UFC bettors simply wager on which fighter will win the fight.
Here’s an example of the money line (to win) odds for the Jessica Andrade vs Erin Blanchfield fight from a UFC Fight Night card (odds from Bovada.lv):
In this example Jessica Andrade is a small favorite with odds of -130. This means you would have to wager $130 betting on Andrade to win $100 (payout of $230). Blanchfield has odds of +110, so a $100 bet on Blanchfield would win $110 (payout $210).
Here are descriptions of some other bets you can make on UFC fights:
- Total Rounds: A bet on the length of the fight. You can bet on whether the fight will last more (over) or fewer (under) rounds than the oddsmakers total.
- Fight Outcome (aka Method of Victory): A bet on the winner of the fight + how they win (knockout, submission, decision).
- Round Betting: A bet on the winner of the fight + what round they win in.
UFC Betting in North Dakota and South Dakota – 3 Step Guide
Follow this three step guide to bet on UFC fights from anywhere in North Dakota or South Dakota.
Step 1. Join Bovada.lv
Click the above link and fill in the overlay registration form to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
After logging into your Bovada account click on the ‘Deposit’ link under your accounts silhouette drop down menu. Select your preferred deposit method (Visa, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc), enter your deposit amount, and follow the instructions to complete your deposit.
You are entitled to receive a welcome bonus equal to 50% of your first deposit, up to a maximum of $250. To claim this bonus go to the ‘Rewards’ section of your account.
Step 3. Place Your UFC Bets
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top navigation bar and ‘UFC/MMA’ from the secondary sports menu.
- Select the odds of the fighter you want to bet on.
- Enter your wager amount on the Bet Slip.
- Click ‘Place Bets’ to make the bet.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.