The NFL is the most wagered on sports league in the United States. The point spread and total generally dominate NFL preview shows and the NFL as a league has embraced gambling since the federal law prohibiting sports betting was struck down in 2018.
On this page I will recommend a betting site for Hawaiians, quickly outline the regulated betting climate in Hawaii, explain the three most popular NFL bets, and provide a simple 3 step guide to betting on the NFL online.
Best Betting Site for Hawaii Residents
Bovada.lv is our recomended betting site for Hawaii residents interested in betting on the NFL online. Bovada is the most popular betting site serving the US market and they have a wide variety of fair betting markets for each NFL game.
Sports Betting in Hawaii
Operating a sportsbook, or any other gambling location, is not legal in Hawaii. It doesn’t look like this will change in the near future.
That said, Hawaii residents can still place bets through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the USA. Bovada.lv is one such site, which is licensed in Curacao, while accepting players from the majority of US states, including Hawaii.
NFL Betting Options
The three most popular bets on NFL games are the point spread, win (money line), and total. Below I will use a Bengals vs Ravens game as an example to explain these three NFL bets.
- Spread – In the above example the Baltimore Ravens are -3.5 point favorites. Ravens -3.5 spread bets would win if the Ravens cover the spread by winning the game by 4 or more points. The Bengals are +3.5 point underdogs. Bengals +3.5 spread bets would win if the Bengals beat the spread by winning the game outright or losing by 3 or fewer points.
- Win (Money Line) – The Baltimore Ravens are -195 favorites to win the game outright. This means every $195 risked on the Ravens would win $100 if Baltimore wins the game. The Cincinnati Bengals are +165 underdogs, meaning every $100 risked on the Bengals would win $165 if Cincy wins the game.
- Total – The total for the game is set at 46 points. Over bets would win if 47 or more points are scored in the game by both teams combined. Under bets would win if 45 or fewer points are scored. If exactly 46 points are scored in the game the total bets would “push” and be returned.
How To Bet On The NFL From Hawaii – 3 Steps
Follow this three step guide to bet on the NFL online from anywhere in Hawaii.
Step 1. Join Bovada.lv
Click the above link and complete the short overlay form on the home page to open your account.
Bovada is the most popular online betting site among American bettors and our top rated sportsbook for Hawaii residents.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your Bovada account and click the ‘Deposit’ link under your account drop down menu. Choose one of the deposit options (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, ETH, etc.), enter your deposit amount, and follow the instructions to complete your deposit.
You can withdraw any winnings through Bitcoin, Bank Transfer, or Check through the mail.
Step 3. Place Your NFL Bets
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top navigation bar and select ‘Football’ from the secondary menu.
- Select ‘NFL’ from the Trending Competitions or Football A-Z menus.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to place to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount on the Bet Slip and click ‘Place Bet’ to lock in the wager.
Here’s a screenshot from a game early in 2023 showing the clicks:
Are you ready to bet? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.