The Canadian Football League has a strong following in Canada with many residents preferring it to the NFL. CFL games and replays dominate the Canadian media over the summer and spring months. This culminates with the Grey Cup, Canadian Football’s version of the Super Bowl, which is Canada’s largest annual sports television event.
There are several differences between the CFL and the NFL including the field size (Canadian football field is 110m long rather than 100m), team size (CFL has 12 players on the field as opposed to 11) and of course the number of downs (3 in CFL compared to 4 in NFL) to name a few. That being said the football fan culture remains the same with die hard fans living and breathing with their teams success in the CFL. This culture follows into the betting aspect of the sport with CFL betting being very popular among Canadian Football fans.
The online sportsbooks listed below each offer a wide variety of CFL betting options and each are extremely reputable and trustworthy. If you had to choose just one though I would suggest SportsInteraction.com for Canadian residents because they are going out of their way to build their Canadian market share by offering some great Canadian oriented promotions.
Best Sportsbooks For Betting On CFL
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
Get Started Betting on CFL Football
It is very easy to start betting on the CFL online. The first thing you must do is open an online sportsbook account. I recommend any of the three sportsbooks listed above (especially Sports Interaction for Canadians). Click on the link above of your chosen sportsbook to visit the site. Then proceed to open an account. This will only take a couple minutes.
After you’ve created an account you will need to get some money online in order to bet on the upcoming CFL games. Log into your account, select the ‘deposit’ or ‘cashier’ link and choose from one of the many deposit methods to fund your account. I suggest checking out your chosen sportsbooks sign up bonus offer in order to make sure you take full advantage of the bonus.
Now that you have money online you are ready to bet. Head over to the ‘football’ and ‘CFL’ betting section of the sportsbook to find the odds for the upcoming games. Place your bets then sit back and watch your team battle it out on the field.
CFL Betting Options
The betting options available in the CFL are the same that you will find for any football league. These include money line betting (betting on the winner), spread betting (betting against the spread), over/under betting (betting on total points) and more. To learn more about these betting options check out our football betting page.
A unique CFL wager would be betting on the Grey Cup winner for the season. This future bet can be made at any time throughout the season, but the odds will change depending on the teams apparent chances of winning the title.
CFL Betting Tips
- Find the best lines – The CFL betting lines may vary between our recommended bookies listed above. In order to be a winning bettor you have to get the best return on every one of your bets. For this reason it is smart to check out a variety of bookies to get the best spread before placing your CFL bet.
- Research – Keep up to pace with what is going on in the CFL in order to have the most knowledge to draw upon when placing your bet. Remember that knowledge is power and this is especially true when it comes to betting on sports.
To keep up to date with what is going on in the CFL check out the official CFL website.