The best place to bet on golf is online at a respected and trustworthy online sportsbook. Golf tournaments take place almost every week throughout the year and betting on the winners of these tournaments can be very profitable. The three sportsbooks we have listed below are the top golf betting sites on the internet because they offer the widest variety of fair golf betting lines, some great bonuses and each sportsbook is highly respected and trusted within the industry.
Best Sportsbooks For Betting On Golf
|1||50% up to $250T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
|2||50% up to $1000T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
|3||50% up to $1000T & C Apply||Review||Visit|
Recent Golf Betting Articles
The unofficial fifth major of the PGA season takes place this week at TPC Sawgrass golf course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. The Players Championship brings out all of the ....
How To Bet On Golf Online
Getting started betting on golf online is very easy, but to make it even more straight forward we have put together a quick step by step guide to get you betting on golf today.
Bet On Golf – Step By Step Guide
- Open A Sports Betting Account – Visit any of the three recommended golf sportsbooks we have listed above by clicking on the above links. When you arrive at the site you should proceed to open an account by filling out a short form that will ask you for basic information such as your name, address and email.
- Fund Your Account – Now that you have a sports betting account you will need to add some funds in order to bet on golf online. Credit card deposits are generally the fastest and easiest deposit methods, but each of our recommended sportsbooks also offers many other ewallet deposit solutions. If you have any trouble depositing I suggest you contact customer support and they will be sure to help you get some money online.
- Bet On Golf! – Head over to the golf betting section of the sportsbook and select which golfers you want to bet on this week.
Types Of Golf Bets
Golf is unlike most other sports you may bet on because the athletes do not often compete head to head against other players. That being said oddsmakers will often offer lines as to which of two players will score lower in the tournament, along with the other futures and prop betting wagers that are typical of golf betting.
Head To Head Golf Betting
Sportsbooks will often pit two golfers against each other and allow bettors to wager on which golfer will have a lower scoring tournament or round. Here is an example:
In this example, Web Simpson is a -135 favourite to finish the tournament with a better score than Watson. You would have to bet $135 on Simpson to win $100 if he finishes the tournament with a better score than Bubba. You can also see that Simpson is a 1.5 stroke favourite over Watson for the tournament, with both spread odds at -115. As you can see 5Dimes also has a head-to-head line for just the 1st round as well.
There are times, such as in skins games or in the Ryder Cup where golfers do battle it out head to head and in these circumstances you will find similar odds to the ones listed above.
Tournament Winner Betting
Betting on the winner of a golf tournament is a very popular type of golf bet because it generally pays out a hefty sum. Bettors pick which player will win the tournament and if that player pulls it off they are paid out according to the odds. Here are a couple examples of tournament winner odds:
Phil Mickelson +1700
Zack Johnson +4200
Brendon de Jonge +8200
If Mickelson won this particular tournament then a $100 wager on Phil would win $1700, while if de Jonge pulled out the victory at $100 wager on him would win $8200.
Prop bets are very popular in golf betting. A few examples of golf prop bets include betting on whether a player will win a major during the year, if a certain player will finish in the top ten of a tournament, which player will be the top American or European at a tournament and much more.
Golf Betting Odds
Golf betting odds can be found in either American or decimal format. There are a few American odds examples above so I will display the Mickelson vs Haas head to head odds in decimal format here so you get an idea of the difference.
Bill Haas 2.3
Phil Mickelson 1.667
With decimal odds you multiply the odds by the risk to find the payout. So if we risk $100 on Haas then the payout is $230, which is a winnings of $130, just like the American format displayed. A $150 bet on Mickelson is (150×1.667), which equals a payout of $250 for a winnings of $100.
Golf Betting Tips
Here are a couple golf betting tips to help you make a buck betting on golf online.
- Bet On Confident Players – Golf is a game of confidence, which means players can be very streaky. I suggest betting on golfers who have been playing well in recent tournaments and staying away from golfers who have struggled recently.
- Don’t Bet On No Chance Players – You will find odds for every single player in a tournament, but the truth is that some of the higher payout players simply don’t have a legitimate chance at winning the tournament. Don’t waste your money on these players, but instead choose players that have a real chance of winning.
There are many more general betting tips that apply to golf. You can find a list of those here.
Bet On Golf Tournaments