The Queen’s Plate is the third and final race of the Canadian Triple Crown. It is a 12 furlong (1.5 mile) race that mimics the Belmont Stakes Race of the US Triple Crown. The Breeders’ Stakes is run every August at Woodbine Racetrack in Etobicoke, Ontario (Toronto).
The racebooks listed below each take bets on the Breeders’ Stakes race and like all bookies found here at BetOnIt.org they are all respected and trusted within the industry. That being said I highly recommend that Canadian bettors place their Breeders’ Stakes bets through SportsInteraction.com. Sports Interaction is marketed towards Canadians and this means Canadian bettors receive added bonuses and perks when placing their bets at Sports Interaction.
Where To Bet On Breeders’ Stakes
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On The Breeders’ Stakes
If you do not yet have an online sports betting account simply follow our quick 3 step guide below to place a bet on the Breeders’ Stakes within minutes. You will notice that the sign up guide is geared mostly towards signing up with Sports Interaction, but the basic steps will hold true at any online bookie.
Bet On Breeders’ Stakes – Sign Up Guide
- Create an Account – Click on any of the sportsbooks listed above to visit their website. From there you should click on ‘Open an Account’ to create a new sports betting account. Fill out the short form and your account will be open immediately.
- Fund Your Account – You will now have to make a deposit in order to have money with which to bet on the race. At Sports Interaction you will need to log into your new account then click on the ‘Deposit’ button at the top of the page. Choose from one of the many deposit methods available and fund your account. Keep in mind that because you signed up through us you are eligible for a 100% matching bonus up to $200 at Sports Interaction. So if you deposit $200 you will see $400 in your account ready to wagering.
- Place Your Bet! – It’s time to pick a winner. Head to the racebook section of the sportsbook and place your bets. At Sports Interaction this means clicking on the ‘Horses’ tab at the top of the page and then choosing ‘Woodbine’ from the list of tracks in the left sidebar. After you’re at the track find the Breeders’ Stakes race and select your horses.
Breeders’ Stakes History
The Breeders’ Stakes was first run way back in 1889 when it was won by a horse named Helen Leigh. The Canadian Triple Crown was established in 1959 and since then only 7 horses have completed this feat. The most recent Canadian Triple Crown winner is Wando, who won the honour back in 2003. Since then no horse has won both the Queen’s Plate and Prince of Wales Stakes to come into the Breeders’ Stakes with a chance at the Triple Crown. Needless the say the race receives much more attention when there is the possibility of a Triple Crown winner.
Learn more by checking out the Breeders’ Stakes Wikipedia page!