The Breeders’ Stakes is the third and final race of the Canadian Triple Crown. It is a 12 furlong (1.5 mile) race that mimics the Belmont Stakes Race of the US Triple Crown. The Breeders’ Stakes is run at the end of the summer (usually in August or September) at Woodbine Racetrack in Etobicoke, Ontario (Toronto).
The racebooks listed below each take bets on the Breeders’ Stakes race and are all respected and trusted within the industry. That being said I highly recommend that Canadian bettors place their Breeders’ Stakes bets through BetOnline.ag. BetOnline accepts players from around the world including Canada and the USA, and they take bets on all races at Woodbine Racetrack.
Where To Bet On Breeders’ Stakes
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
- Accepts players worldwide
- Competitive betting lines
- Fast & easy deposits and withdrawals (including Bitcoin)
How To Bet On The Breeders’ Stakes
If you do not yet have an online sports betting account simply follow our quick 3 step guide below to place a bet on the Breeders’ Stakes within minutes. You will notice that the sign up guide is geared mostly towards signing up with BetOnline.ag, but the basic steps will hold true at any online bookie.
Bet On Breeders’ Stakes – Sign Up Guide
- Create an Account – Click on any of the sportsbooks listed above to visit their website. From there you should proceed to open an account. At BetOnline simply click on the ‘Join Now’ link and complete the sign up form to open your account.
- Fund Your Account – You will now have to make a deposit in order to have money with which to bet on the race. At BetOnline you will need to log into your new account then click on the ‘Deposit’ button at the top of the page. Choose from one of the many deposit methods available and fund your account.
- Place Your Bets – It’s time to pick a winner. Head to the Racebook section of the sportsbook and place your bets. At BetOnline this means clicking on the ‘Racebook’ tab at the top of the page and then choosing ‘Woodbine’ from the list of tracks in the left sidebar. Next, find the Breeders’ Stakes race, select your horses and place your bets.
Breeders’ Stakes History
The Breeders’ Stakes was first run way back in 1889 when it was won by a horse named Helen Leigh. The Canadian Triple Crown was established in 1959 and since then only 7 horses have completed this feat. The most recent Canadian Triple Crown winner is Wando, who won the honour back in 2003. Since then two horses have won both the Queen’s Plate and Prince of Wales Stakes (Wonder Gadot in 2018 and Mighty Heart in 2020), but neither horse won the Breeders’ Stakes to complete the Triple Crown. Needless the say the race receives much more attention when there is the possibility of a Triple Crown winner.
Learn more by checking out the Breeders’ Stakes Wikipedia page.